Nursing Home Abuse
PHOENIX & ARIZONA NURSING HOME ABUSE ATTORNEY SERVICES
Solomon & Relihan have been successfully identifying & fighting abuse and neglect for over 46 years. Since 1974, Solomon & Relihan has represented victims of nursing home abuse and negligence throughout AZ.
HELP GET JUSTICE, COMPENSATION, PEACE OF MIND
As the first law firm in the state to win a punitive damage verdict in a nursing home abuse and neglect case, and with our over 30 years of in-depth expertise, we provide a powerful advantage in negotiated settlements and courtroom litigation.
We’re proud of our 95% success rate, the tens of millions of dollars recovered for our clients and our iron-clad, no recovery, no fee guarantee.
NURSING HOME ABUSE: FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE A CASE
Nursing Home Residents can have their rights violated in a number of ways. The following is a partial list of rights that apply to nursing homes receiving federal dollars. (For a complete list, please call Solomon & Relihan at 602.387.3000.)
Nursing Home Resident Rights:
- Free Choice: The right to choose a physician, to be fully informed of medical care and treatment, and to participate in a planning care and treatment.
- Grievances: The right to voice grievances without discrimination or reprisal and have prompt efforts made by the facility to resolve them.
- Physical/ Mental Abuse: The right to be free from physical and mental abuse, punishment, and involuntary seclusion.
- Physical/Chemical Restraints: The right to be free from physical and chemical restraints used for the purpose of discipline or convenience and not required to treat the resident’s medical condition.
- Information: The right to review and get copies of medical records.
- Notice of Resident’s Rights: The right to receive orally and in writing, a list of resident rights.
ABUSE & NEGLECT ARE OFTEN UNDETECTED.
Nursing home abuse is more prevalent than you might think. In fact, a staggering number of nursing homes – nearly 1 in 3 nursing homes – were cited for violations of federal standards that had the potential to cause harm or that had caused actual harm to a resident during the two years 1999-2001. In a study of 2,000 interviews of nursing home residents, 95% said they had been neglected or seen another resident neglected. (Broyles, 2000)
Do you have a loved one in a nursing home and believe she or he is being abused or neglected? Our attorneys are expert and experienced in identifying and seeking justice for nursing home abuse and neglect victims.
CALL TODAY FOR A 100% FREE CASE EVALUATION & INVESTIGATIVE REVIEW
NO RECOVERY, NO FEE GUARANTEE